Drug name: Generic Altace
Active substance: Ramipril
Pharmacological effects: Altace is in a part of antihypertensive preparations called ACE inhibitors. Altace works by interfering with the activity of angiotensin converting enzyme that is responsible for the production of angiotensin II. Angiotensin II is a compound that causes blood vessels to narrow resulting in increased blood pressure. By lowering the production of this enzyme, Altace helps to control hypertension. Altace aslo exerts diuretic action due to inhibiting the production of aldosterone.
Altace improves renal and coronary blood circulation and lower platelet aggregation.
Indications: Altace is approved for the treatment of the following cardiovascular diseases:
- Hypertension controlling
- Prophylaxis of heart attack and stroke
- Congestive heart failure treatment after myocardium infarction
Warnings and Precautions: The drug should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Angioedema manifested in swelling of the lips, face and tongue.
- Hypotension(low blood pressure)
- Aortic stenosis
- Mitral valve stenosis
- Outflow tract obstruction
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- In children.
You should let your doctor know if any these conditions apply to you:
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Let your doctor know if you are or dyalisis or going to have any surgical interventions
Altace side effects: Drugs may cause side effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Altace that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits. Altace side effects include:
- The most common Altace side effects include: cough, headache, dizziness, body weakness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting
- The less common Altace side effects include: hepatitis, diarrhea, anemia, heartburn, constipation, depression, arthritis, myalgia, weight gain, impotence
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Altace, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Altace please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Altace therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Potassium supplements
- Potassium-sparing diuretics
- Lithium preparations
Patients information: Altace is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.