Drug name: Generic Bystolic
Active substance: Nebivolol
Pharmacological effects: Bystolic belongs to a group of medicines called beta-adrenoblockers. Bystolic is a third generation beta-blocker with vasodilating properties. Bystolic works by blocking beta1 adrenoreceptors and ,thus prevents the effects of adrenalin or noradrenalin(catecholamines) on blood vessels and heart tissue. Bystolic exerts hypotensive and anti-anginal action. Nebivalol exerts vasodilating action due to the stimulation the release of NO. Bystolic lowers heart rate and high blood pressure, reduces peripheral resistance, improves diastolic function of the heart, increase cardiac output. Bystolic does not act on alpha adrenoreceptors.
Indications: Bystolic is approved for the treatment of the following cardiovascular conditions:
- High blood pressure controlling
- Chronic mild or moderate heart failure(in combination with other drugs in patients over 70 years of age)
Warnings and Precautions: The drug should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Cardiogenic shock
- Liver problems
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Heart block II or III degree
- Low blood pressure called hypotension
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Bronchial asthma
- Metabolic acidosis
- Nebivolol is not recommended for children or adolescents.
Bystolic side effects: Drugs may cause side effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Bystolic that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits.
- The most common Bystolic side effects include: headache, fatigue, dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- The less common Bystolic side effects include: low blood pressure, breathing problems, high cholesterol, worsening of heart failure, worsening of asthma, chest pain, gout.
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Bystolic, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Bystolic please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Bystolic therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Certain arrhythmia medications
- Calcium channel blockers
- CYP 2D6 inhibitor" medications
- Other hypertension medicines(Clonidine, Reserpine)
- Cardiac glycosides(Digoxin)
- Other beta blockers
- Non-selective muscarinic receptor agonist(methacoline)
Patients information: Bystolic is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.