Drug name: Generic Mobic
Active substance: Meloxicam
Pharmacological effects: Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that exerts anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effects. The preparation selectively inhibits COX-2 thus preventing the synthesis and release of prostaglandines. The drug in a lesser degree affects COX-1 which is involved in synthesis of prostaglandines that protect the gastrointestinal mucous membrane and regulates the blood flow in the kidneys.
Indications: Mobic is indicated in symptomatic treatment of the following disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bechterew's diseases
Warnings and Precautions: The drugs should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Aspirin induced bronchial asthma
- Duodenal and stomach ulcer
- Bleeding of different origin
- Severe liver and renal failure
- Cardiac failure
- Young age under 15 years
The drug should be used with caution in elderly patients and patients with erosive-ulcerous disease of the gastrointestinal tract.
Side effects: Drugs may cause side-effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Mobic that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits. Meloxicam side effects include:
- Gastrointestinal tract: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea or consitpation, meteorism, gastrointestinal ulcers or erosive disorders, perforatin of the gastric or intestinal wall, GI tract bleeding, jaundice, colitis, stomatitis, dry mouth, esophagitis
- Cardiovascular system: Tachycardia, hypertension, flushing,
- Respiratory system: acute phase of bronchial asthma
- CNS: headaches, dizziness, ear ringing, disorientation, sleep disturbance, confusion
- Urogenital system: edema, interstitial nephritis, lever necrosis, urogenital infections, proteinuria, hematuria, kidney failure
- Dermatological reactions: itching, rash, hives, increased photosensitivity
- Haemopoietic system: anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia
- Allergic reactions
- Other: fever
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Mobic, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Meloxicam please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Mobic therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Other NSAID's
- Hypertension treatment
- Blood thinners
- Cholesterol treatment
Patients information: Mobic is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.