Drug name: Nimesulide
Active substance: Nimesulide
Pharmacological effects: Nimesulide belongs toa group of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The preparation exerts anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-pyretic effect. It works by selectively inhibiting COX-2 and thus suppressing the synthesis of prostaglandines in the inflammatory tissue.
Indications: The drug is indicated in treatment of:
- Pain and inflammation process of different intensity and genesis
Warnings and Precautions: The drugs should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Acute gastrointestinal bleeding
- Ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract
- Expressed liver and kidney disorders
- Lactation period
The drug should be used with caution in:
- Elderly patients
- Patients with cardiovascular disorders
- Gastrointestinal tract disorders
- Liver function disorder
- Patients who require high levels of concentration during their daily life
Side effects: Drugs may cause side-effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Nimesulide that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits. Nimesulide side effects include:
- CNS: headache, dizziness, somnolence
- Cardiovascular system: thrombocytopenia
- Gastrointestinal tract: nausea, heartburn, gastric pain, melanorrhea
- Skin rash, purpura
- Urogenital system: oliguria
- Allergic reactions
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Nimesulide, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Nimesulide please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Nimesulide therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Diabetes treatment
- Epilepsy treatment
Patients information: Nimesulide is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.