Drug name: Brand Orgametril
Active substance: lynestrenol
Pharmacological effects: Orgametril contains the active ingredient lynestrenol that is synthetic progestin. Lynestrenol possesses an expressed gestagenic action on endomethrium. In addition Orgametril inhibits obulation and helps to postpone menstruation. Orgametril exerts moderate androgenic effect.
Indications: Orgametril is approved to treat the following conditions:
- Dysfunctional bleedings
- Primary and secondary Amenorrhea
- Benign breast tumors
- Menstruation suppression
- Ovulation suppression
- Pri/postmenopausal conditions
Warnings and Precautions: Orgametril should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Severe liver diseases
- Rotor syndrome
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome(jaundice)
- Vaginal bleedings of unknown origin
- Hormone dependent therapy
Orgametril side effects: Drugs may cause side effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Orgametril that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits. Orgametril side effects include:
- Endocrine: vaginal discharges
- Digestive system: nausea, dyspepsia, jaundice
- Metabolism: increased body weight, sweating, high cholesterol levels(LDL), low HDL levels, edemas
- CNS: headache and migraine, dizziness, increased nervousness, depression
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching, acne
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Orgametril, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Orgametril please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Orgametril therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Immune suppression therapy(cyclosprin)
Patients information: Orgametril is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.