Drug name: Generic Orudis
Active substance: Ketoprofen
Pharmacological effects: Orudis is a non-steroidal antiinflammatory drug which exerts analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects. The drug inhibits COX-1 and COX-2 thus suppressing the synthesis of prostaglandines and bradykinins, stabilizing the lysosome membranes.
Indications: Ketoprofen is indicated in:
- Symptomatic therapy of inflammatory and degenerative disease of the locomotor system:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bechterew's disease
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Pain syndrome:
- Post-traumatic and post-surgical pain
- Pain syndrome in oncological disease
Warnings and Precautions: The drugs should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Acute phase of stomach and duodenal ulcer
- Non-specific ulcerous colitis, Crohn's disease
- Liver and renal failure
- Cardiac failure
- Gastrointestinal or cerebrovascular bleeding
- Chronic dyspepsia
- III trimester of pregnancy
- Young age under 15 years
- Rectal inflammatory disease
- Specific disorders sensitive to other NSAID's
The drug should be used with caution in:
- Stomach ulcer
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Peripheral arteries disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Blood disorders
Side effects: Drugs may cause side-effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Orudis that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits. Orudis side effects include:
- Gastrointestinal tract: dyspepsia, abdominal pain, stomatitis, dry mouth
- CNS: headache, dizziness, somnolence, fatigability, nervousness, nightmares, migraines, peripheral neuropathy, hallucination, disorientation, speech disorder.
- Sensory organs: ear ringing, change of taste, blurred vision, conjunctivitis
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, hypertension, peripheral edema
- Haemopoietic system: decreased thrombocyte aggregation, anemia and etc.
- Urogenital system: liver disorders, interstitial nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, hematuria
- Allergic reactions
- Local reactions: in suppository use: burning sensation, mucous membrane irritation, liquid stool.
- Other: pneumorrhagia, menometrorrhagia
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Orudis, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Ketoprofen please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Orudis therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Hypertension treatment
- Diabetes treatment
- Other NSAID's
- Hormonal therapy
- Thrombolytic agents
- Cardiac glycosides
Patients information: Ketoprofen is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.