Drug name: Prednisolon-Darnitsa
Other names used:
Therapeutic actions: Prednisolone is synthetic analogue of hydrocortisone- hormone produced by the adrenal cortex. Prednisolone acts on protein and carbohydrate metabolism, regulates the amount of salts and water. Prednisolone contributes to increase of glucose blood levels, accumulation of glycogen in the liver, increase the elimination of nitrogen with urine, causes eosinopholia, lymphopenia, neutropenia.
Prednisolone also exerts anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-toxic, anti-shock actions. Anti-inflammatory action is associated with inhibiting arachidonic acid metabolism resulting in decrease production of inflammatory mediators.
The medication also possesses immune-modulatory properties.
Indications: Prednisolone is indicated in the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid diseases: psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, spondylarthtiris, acute and subacute bursitis, unspecific tendosynovitis, acute gouty arthritis, post-traumatic osteoarthrosis, synovitis with osteoarthrosis, epicondylitis.
- Endocrine diseases: Primary and secondary insufficiency of the adrenal glands(congenital hyperplasia of the adrenal glands; nonpurulent thyroiditis)
- Skin diseases: Dermatitis,severe psoriasis, severe seboreic dermatitis.
- Respiratory system diseases: Symptomatic sarcoidosis, Loeffler syndrom, pulmonary tuberculosis, asthma.
- Acute and chronic allergic reactions.
- Hematologic diseases: idiopathic thrombocytopenia, secondary thrombocytopenia , hemolytic anemia, hypoplastic anemia
- Edema syndrome
- Kidney diseases of autoimmune origin.
- Digestive diseases: non-specific colitis, enteritis
- Lymphatic Acute and lymphatic leukemia
- Lymphoma(Cancer of the lymph nodes)
- Inflammation of the eye (iritis and optic neuritis)
- Collagenoses: system lupus erythematosis, system dermatomyositis (poly-myositis), acute rheumatic carditis, rheumatic poly-myalgia.
Contraindications and cautions: Prednisolone should not be used in the following conditions:
- Do not use this medication if you have hypersensitivity or allergy to Prednisolone
- Do not use Prednisolin-Darnitsa if you suffer from infection caused by fungi.
You should talk with your health care provider prior to taking Prednisolone if you experience the following conditions:
- Elderly and young age
- Muscle weakness
- Infection that produces pus
- Kidney dysfunction
- Seizures associated with epilepsy
- Glaucoma or family history of glaucoma
- Congestive Heart failure
- Eye infection caused by Herpes simplex virus
- Pancreas diseases
- Mental disorder (psychosis)
- Peptic ulcer
- Blood diseases
- Post-menopausal women
- Tendency to thromboembolia
- Liver diseases(cirrhosis or liver failure)
- Muscle disease caused by steroids
- Intestinal anastomosis
- Avoid prolonged use prednisolone
- Do not use chickenpox vaccine while taking prednisolone
- Do not suddenly stop taking prednisolone
- You can experience high blood pressure while taking this medication.
- Prednisoline may mask the symptoms of some infections.
Adverse effects: There are possible side-effects associated with this medicine that can affect individuals in different ways. If a side effect is stated here, that does not necessarily mean the fact that all people using Prednisolone will experience it or any other.
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer. For more information about any other possible risks associated with Perdnisolone, please read the information provided with Prednisolone or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The most common side effects include:
- Increased calcium elimination
- Retardation of regenerative processes
- Aggravation of stomach and intestinal ulcer
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
- Hypercoagulation and increased risk of thrombosis
- Decreased resistance to infection
- Crescent-shaped face
- Disorder of the menstrual cycle
- Gastrointestinal manifestations: nausea, vomiting
Interactions: It is important to tell your doctor or pharmacist what medicines you are already taking, including those bought without a prescription and herbal medicines, before you start treatment with Prednisolone. Similarly, check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any new medication while taking this one, to ensure that the combination is safe.
Prednisolone may interact with the following drugs:
- Diuretics(water pills)
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Cardiac glycosides
- Antibacterial medicines(rifampicin)
Additional Information: DO NOT SHARE Prednisolone with others. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE for other health conditions. KEEP THIS PRODUCT, as well as syringes and needles, if needed during treatment, out of the reach of children. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials.