Drug name: Brand Tindamax
Active substance: Tinidazole
Brand Tindamax is an antiprotozal and antimicrobial drug which is active in treatment of Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica, Lamblia and anaerobic infection agents. Being a highlipophilic medication, Tinidazole penetrates into trichomonades and anaerobic microorganisms where it is being restored by nitroreductase, inhibits the synthesis and damages DNA.
Indications: Tinidazole can be used as a treatment for the following diseases:
- Trichomoniasis, lambliosis, amebiasis
- Acute ulceromembranous gingivitis, nonspecific vaginitis, dermal leishmaniasis
- Infections of a different localizations caused by anaerobic bacterias, skin and soft tissues infections, pneumonia, empyema, lung abscess
- Combined aerobic-anaerobic infections
- Helicobacter pylori eradication
Warnings and Precautions: The drugs should not be used in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
- Organic central nervous system diseases
- Marrowy blood formation inhibition
- Pregnancy (I term), lactation period, child age (up to 12 years)
Side effects: Drugs may cause side-effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Brand Tindamax that were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits. Tinidazole side effects include:
- From the gastrointestinal system side: loss of appetite, xerostomia, “metallic” taste in mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- From the nervous system side: headaches, dizziness, fatigue, ataxia, dysarthria, peripheric neuropathy, convulsions, weakness
- Allergic reactions: hives, skin rash, angioedema
- Other: transient leucopenia
For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Tinidazole, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.
Interactions: Before using Brand Tindamax please tell your doctor which drugs or supplements you are already taking including those bought without a prescription. Also check if any additional medicine which you will take during the course of Tinidazole therapy are safe in combination. Especially mention if you are taking the following groups of drugs:
- Indirect anicoagulantd
- Antituberculous medications
Patients information: Brand Tindamax is not to be shared with healthy individuals. It is strictly FORBIDDEN to use the drugs in treatment of any conditions unrelated to their indications. The product as well as utilized vials, syringes, needles if used during the course of treatment should be kept out of reach of children and never reused.